Please welcome a few guest recipes today as my family vacations on the North Carolina coast this week. I'm eating lots of food, reading lots of blogs, and am enjoying having people around to help me with my children. Heather Smith has some great recipes to share with you today. She's an ex-nanny so she makes sure her recipes are kid-friendly. After reading them, I cannot wait to try the Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers, but as the headline states, these are three recipes the whole family will love. I'm excited to add them to my meal plans. I hope you will, too.
Burgers, pizza and mac & cheese, we have your family dinner covered. Here are 3 different recipes that your family is sure to love and ask for seconds! Enjoy!
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
|Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts|
This recipe has the taste of your favorite pizza but half the calories of a real one. What is great about this recipe it doesn’t take long and you can add ingredients to make it taste like your favorite pizza. Try adding olives, onions and sausage for a different taste!
4 chicken breasts thawed and pounded thin
½ cup Pizza sauce
16 Turkey Pepperoni
¼ cup Reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
Salt and Pepper
• Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray, this makes for easy clean up!
• Thaw your chicken breasts and place on cutting board with a piece of wax paper or saran wrap. Pound chicken to make it thin and easier to roll.
• Now build your chicken breasts. Use a portion of the pizza sauce and cheese and your preference amount of seasonings, 2 pepperonis on each breast, and now roll and place seam down into your baking dish.
• Use the remainder of cheese, pizza sauce and pepperonis on top.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers:
|Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers|
Have a craving for some tasty wings or the kids wanting a new spin on the burger? Try out this tasty meal and watch them ask for seconds. This recipe is also lower in calories than one would think. Pair it with a nice summer salad and you have a great weekend dinner planned!
1lb of ground chicken breast
¾ cups of blue cheese
½ cup of chopped celery
1 cup of dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
A dash or two of your favorite hot sauce
Salt and Pepper
• Fire up the grill and until it is hot and ready.
• Combine ground chicken, half of the blue cheese, egg, celery, bread crumbs, half of the BBQ sauce, dash of your favorite hot sauce, salt and pepper into large both and mix thoroughly.
• Create 4-6 patties (depending on size you want) and then coat patties with remainder of BBQ sauce.
• Grill until grilled and serve with remainder blue cheese crumbles on top and with traditional burger toppings of your choice.
Baked Broccoli Mac & Cheese
|Baked Broccoli Mac & Cheese|
Skip that little blue box and go homemade when making your mac and cheese. A great recipe that is easy to throw together on your busy soccer mom nights. This dish is packed with deliciousness and veggies. This is definitely a dish your kids will eat their broccoli.
3 cups of uncooked macaroni
4 cups of fresh broccoli florets
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of onion powder
2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of evaporated milk
2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper
½ cup of crushed Ritz crackers
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 350
• Cook the macaroni according to the directions then add the broccoli in the last 2-4 minutes of cooking. Remove and drain.
• In a large pan heat butter, flour, onion powder and milk. Add salt and pepper. Take off heat when thick and add 1 ½ cup of cheddar cheese. Stir.
• Place macaroni and broccoli into a greased pan, then add the hot cheese mix.
• Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese, the remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumps.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Heather Smith is an ex-nanny. Passionate about thought leadership and writing, Heather regularly contributes to various career, social media, public relations, branding, and parenting blogs/websites. She also provides value to become a nanny by giving advice on site design as well as the features and functionality to provide more and more value to nannies and families across the U.S. and Canada. She can be available at H.smith7295 [at] gmail.com.